My story that I write in my free time

It was a dark, gloomy night.

I was blazing down the footpath at a speed which I could get called by my father to come and witness his very first trumpet choir, only not in this life, but the next.


If you don’t know me, I have an urge to become emperor of the world, just to banish music into the underworld, I hate music that much.

People’s voices are music to my ears, whereas instruments, I think it just sounds like the atomic bomb.


 I picked up speed pretty quickly, but a voice boomed out of an alleyway I was just about to pass.

I slammed on my brakes, which caused me to go flying until a connection with the wall.

I was already spooked, now hurt.


Can this night get any worse? I wondered.

For a second. Or two.


I pulled my English self together and mustered up all my courage to walk through the alleyway to discover who, or what the voice could be?


I sensed the voice had to be a boy, -a girl’s voice is a bit more high pitched- because I detected a voice crack and he didn’t sound like he’s had one before.


I saw him being held hostage, and the person was masked.

He had a deep voice and threatened to shut the boy's eyes for good.

I ran up with all my courage and tried to punch the man straight in the mouth.

Fortunately for him, the strike didn’t connect and he whacked me in the side of the head with the gun he was holding.

And that caused me to fall prey to the underworld I have always dreamed of banishing music to, as I see nothing but darkness... 

 



When I came to, I was in complete perplexity at what had caused me to be in bed at the crack of dawn. I tried to remember what had happened to me but found myself going around in circles. I decided that whatever happened could not have been good, so I thought my best bet at recovering from my dilemma was to get lost in thought and try to dream up what had happened, not just because I was in baffle town, but My head ached one ache that can send someone down a path that no one wants to go.



I was blazing down the footpath during a glooming night, at an alarming speed.

I was about to crash when I somehow flew through the wall as if I was a ghost.

It was Hades that made me ghost-like, and now he was standing right in front of me.

Then Zeus, Athena, Posiden, Apollo, and Artemis all came behind him and banished him from, well in front of me. And then Ares rose from Hades’ vanquished body and fought off Zeus and Athena, but Posiden commanded the waves to make Ares’ swords slip, and then Zeus speared him with a lightning bolt, then if that wasn’t enough, Apollo headshot him and he vanquished as well.

I was found silent as the gods flew away.


It was like I booked a one-way ticket to Paris, but then we encountered some turbulence and then some hijacker came along and attempted to crash our plane but brought us to paradise.

And for some people who’ve never seen Paris before, their gonna say,

“Paris!”!

Until someone explains that somehow we are in Monaco, and then the whole perplexity story continues once again.


I rode to the only place where I would be safe.


I remembered from History class, Ares was the god of war, Posiden the god of the sea-first king of the sea apart from king Atlan-,Athena is the goddess of intelligence, Apollo is the god of the sun, Hades is the god of the underworld, Artemis, the goddess of the moon, and Zeus, The king of the gods.

I had also remembered from history class, it was impossible to kill a god, but there was no word of them for a very long time.


The moon crept down lower and lower, and soon, the moon was hidden behind the clouds not to be seen.


A beautiful aroma is what woke me.

One of my family was baking cookies.

I quickly got dressed and got ready for school.

I couldn’t wait to tell Mr. Ching that I dreamed of the gods that we were studying.  

I was so excited.





Chapter 2.


The last thing I remember before I blacked out was these exact words.

“Don’t blow my cover, Alexander. The last thing I need is for some brainiac to blow my cover.

Lives will be lost. Definitely mine, and possibly yours”.

Whoever had said that, said with a hint of sorriness, as if someone had forced him to say such words, like his life was at stake.


The wind howled outside as if contaminated by ghosts.


 I was worried about what that meant.

It was a real threat, and what added to the intensity was the fact that the voice was unrecognizable.

And not a threat that I could ignore.


“Alexander!”

I hastily turned to the sound.

“Alexander! Quick!”.

I bolted as fast as I could in the opposite direction, startled.

A feeling of dismay caught me by surprise as I flung myself to the ground, in desperate hope of avoiding the gunshot.


All I could hear for the next minute were the blood-curdling screams of my fellow classmates, as several fell to the ground while others were not going down with a fight.

Panic rose between all of the school kids, and I for one was starting to panic myself.

Considering I am a pretty calm person myself.


“Minho!”, One of them yelled.

“What do you what, Shuck-face!? Can’t you see we are in the middle of a task, Klunkhead!”, another replied.

I put two and two together and realized that whoever was Minho, was the one that one of the bad guys were trying to reach out to.

“Minho!”, he yelled again. “Get Alby and get that kid sitting on the bench opposite the drinking fountain!”, he yelled once more, this time through a sense of desperation in his voice.

Strange.


I risked a glance behind me, only to see the only one of us taking it casually.

It was Max, otherwise known as the Nerd.

This Alby guy and the other dude raced up to where Max was and unfortunately for me, I was standing right in between.


I dived to my left into a classroom corridor, as Alby switched gears from second to fourth.

He raced towards the innocent child almost as fast as an Olympic sprinter.

I did not run away. I did not scream for help.

All I did was maintain the same position all the way, my jaw dropping to the ground, my eyes darting back and forth at the two men, and poor Max.


Minho pulled out a gun.

Then, to my complete horror…

It was bang-bang time.


Chapter 3



I wish I had closed my eyes, but I saw the whole thing.

I heard the bullet connect with his skull, as he fell limp, and fell to the ground.

Hopeless.

I peeked my head out just a bit, and I could see he wasn’t quite de-

“Alex”, he whispered, not even trying to look at me.

“Alex”, he repeated once more.

“If you can hear me. Please don’t tell anyone what happened. Especially my parents.

Knowing them, they’d probably assume you killed me.

Whatever you do, Don’t trust anyone.

Only me and Amantha. Ever. No one else”, he whispered softer than the first time, as his eyelids began to slowly close, and the Nerd title was again, once more available,

Not that anyone was going to replace him or anything.


“Why did Jake even tell us to murder this guy? Like I know what we are doing, but he was doing no harm. None at all”.

He said it like he was trying to defend Max, even though an Idiot would know that trying would not lead anywhere.

It's the thought that counts, I said to him in my mind, well aware of the fact that he couldn’t hear me.

‘Look Shuck-face. He was a witness. The last one on these premises. It’s just like me saying why did we kill the rest of the others? That would be Stupid”, Minho said, getting angrier by the second.

“Woah Minho. Calm yourself. Keep your undies on”.

It would have been so funny if his undies actually fell off at that moment.

Like at the command of ‘keep your undies on’

But really, really disgusting.

“Oh, and before you say, ‘You better shut your Shuck-Face or you ain’t gonna see tomorrow’, then tell me something. Tell me why we didn’t shoot that kid over there”.

He jerked his thumb behind him and pointed directly at me.

Uh-oh, I thought.

I sprinted into the classroom and locked the door behind me. Alby smashed the window and climbed in, preparing his fists, as if he wanted to fight me.

He got me square in the nose, causing it to bleed.


“We better run Minho”, Alby said, as he and Minho left.

I ran to Max, dripping blood everywhere in the process, and did something that I wasn’t completely sure was the right thing to do.

But, at the end of the day, everyone has a choice.

And it was time to make mine.



The setting was very gloomy.

Max’s parents couldn’t bear to talk. They just stood there in silence, as tear after tear after tear came splashing down.


I certainly didn't stay long at the graveyard.

Mostly because I felt guilty about what choice I had made, even though it was probably the right one, if not, a good one. 


I really wished this was all a dream; I even pinched myself to try to get back to the real world but…

I soon discovered that this was the real world.


Out of all kids, the one that always keeps his mouth shut always looks up and keeps on moving forward.

Presumably, the brightest out of all the others.

And he didn’t get to see tomorrow.


Alby. Tom. 

These were all characters from a book that I was reading to the class whenever it was my book turn.

The Maze Runner, I thought.

If there was a Teresa, and a Newt, I would have struck gold.

Maks or no masks I knew exactly what they looked like.

All thanks to James Dashner.


And I thought of one more thing.

Klunk. Shuck-face. Shuck.

These were the kind of words they had created.

It almost felt like they had slipped out of the book and had the same characteristics.

If this were a dream, who knows what would have happened.

Maybe the Shuck Grievers turn up.

I smile at my little joke.

And of course, the obvious is, that if this were all a dream, this would be a piece of cake.

But I knew it wasn’t.

And Max knew it too.


Chapter 4

 






I went straight to my room when we got home.

I wrote an extra entry in my diary, and I counted all of my entries.

I ended up with 772. Not bad, but not good either. I had sworn to myself that I would reach 1000 by April, but I haven't even reached 800 and it was mid-year. Not impressive, I thought.

I mean it was impressive, but for a guy like me, who always usually writes really fast, and can achieve 6 pages on A3 paper, in under three minutes, I was surprising myself.

Teenagers, I thought.







“Te Amo?”, I Questioned the new kid in our class.

He was our first pure Spanish in our class, who didn’t know how to speak English.

My mother had taught me how to speak Spanish.

But she had taught me some phrases that were incorrect.

I wish I had remembered what Te Amo meant.

It meant I love you, and I was asking him what…

“No soy pariente tuyo.¿Por qué me amas?”.

I blushed so much that I swear I looked like a tomato.

He said, “I am not related to you. Why do you love me?”.

Damn you Mum!, I thought.

‘‘Mi mamá me dijo que Te Amo significa cuál es tu nombre.

De todos modos, quise preguntar tu nombre?’’.

‘Oh, perdón por hacerte un tomate.

Mi nombre es Max. Nombre gracioso para un niño español, ¿eh?’.

‘Para mí, es normal.Pero supongo que para otros es gracioso de alguna manera.Pensé que tendrías un nombre español.Lo siento, pero tengo que irme ahora.Nos vemos por Max.

Ah, y por cierto mi nombre es Alexander :).

And then I walked away.

Not because I had to go, but I was ashamed of him calling me what I was thinking about myself: A tomato.

But, I also went with pride, as I spoke the language so fluently that I thought I was Spanish.

For a second.

Or two.

Not forgetting that I was pure English.

Our conversation went like this:

‘’I love you’’.

“I am not related to you. Why do you love me?”.

“My mum told me that Te Amo means what's your name. Anyway, I was asking for your name?”.

“Oh, sorry for making you a tomato. My name is Max. Funny name for a Spanish boy huh?”

“For me it's normal. But I guess for others it's funny in a way. I thought you would have a Spanish name too. Sorry but I have to go now. See you soon Max. Oh, and by the way, my name is Alexander” :).

Go figure…


The only thing I could hear was all the laughter coming from my class.

I was actually now thinking twice about whether I would ever talk to that kid, let alone in Spanish.


I was glad that today was finally over.

I was also glad that I didn’t end like the kid who got stuck in time, and today wouldn’t start for another 42 years.


I lay on my bed, exhausted, evaluating life for a second.

Or two.

I got out of my bed, then I scampered off into the kitchen cupboard.

My eyes caught something I was dreading for the past week…

Cake!

I grabbed a bowl and then went to the drawer and grabbed a spoon as well.

I cut a nice big chunk of it using a knife, then I let my legs direct me back to my room as I opened my laptop and signed in to my account.

I watched a movie and chilled, almost falling asleep.

The thing that prevented me from sleeping was the loud knock at the door.

I figured I would ignore it and continue my movie.

“Alex?”, said the person who was at the door.

It couldn’t have been my parents, they were out shopping.

“Alexander. It's me. The only person who ever has and ever will threaten you”, he or she said once more, but this time. This time sounding like the voice that had threatened me.

“It's me, Alexander. It's me Dominic, otherwise known as Mr. Ching”.


Chapter 5


“No point in hiding, Alexander. I will break down the door if I have to. I have no weapons, come to the peephole and you’ll see”, Dominic said.

I reluctantly went to look through the peephole and to my disbelief, he was actually unarmed.

“Wh- Wh- What do you want Dominic, I mean Mr. Ching?”I asked him, fear washing over my body.

“Ju- Ju- Just open the door and you’ll see, Alexander, I mean Mr. Allen”, He mocked.

Of course, I didn’t open the door, but when it comes to a peephole, things you can see are pretty limited.

So he could have pulled a gun from behind him in his pocket if I opened the door.

Then I would try to close the door.

Probably, he’d block the door with his foot.


“Mr. Allen. I’m not going to ask again”, He said, obviously annoyed.

I just stood there frozen, not knowing when I would move.

If I would move.


“I am going to count to three. Just three. If you don’t open the door, You might never see it tomorrow”. He said trying to persuade me to open the door.


But I knew better. I wouldn’t see tomorrow even if I didn’t open the door.

For all I knew, criminals hardly ever come alone when they’re trying to kidnap kids like me.


“Ok. I will open the door. But you’re not going to like what’s in my hands”.

“As if you have anything in them”.


I opened the door fully, and as soon as he tried to come in, I threw the knife.

The Blade was glinting, as it cartwheeled towards Mr. Ching


And if you said that Max’s death was on me, then you could add Dominic’s name to that list…

Chapter 6


Blood oozed out from his chest, the knife still in its place playing its deathly roll.

“You little piece of-”.


















 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 word challange (this time actually 100)

Aphorisms- Often a pain to come up with one, but when acomplished, may change somones life...