Stuck...



The boy who gets stuck…


My planning...


Beginning:

We are revising questions for our upcoming test that will count to 75 percent of our grade in science. Midway through, our teacher Mrs. Moritz gets called up to the office for a special reason. She tells us to keep the noise down and be sensible students. We go berserk, and my best friend Mark challenges me to a game of I dare you. He chooses scissors and I pick paper, and then he dares me to put my head in the small hole in our chairs and…

I get stuck.


Middle: All eyes are glued on me, and someone wonders aloud how I came to be in this intelligent school, with my moron decisions. A lot of people start sniggering, and one or two start laughing aloud. I face complete humiliation as I see my crush, Amelia is one of them sniggering.

Mrs. Moritz comes back, and at first, doesn’t notice me.

But then I give myself away with a sneeze and then she says, “Someone go get Janitor Allen!”, and then starts mumbling to herself.


End: The janitor comes, and tries to use a hacksaw to saw me free.

After endless attempts that result in failure, he gives up.

He says that its virtually impossible to ‘unstick’ me and that I will be forever known as,

The Boy who got himself stuck in a chair, quote-unquote.


My Story...

Mrs. Moritz could put someone to sleep with one sentence, and that’s no exaggeration.

I mean, everyone fancied her for detention whenever it was her turn, she would always never pay attention to what we were doing, and officially was the first teacher ever, at Branton High, to turn detention into recess. The only downside was we weren’t allowed on our cellphones, but the average everyday student only touches their device in an emergency, but if you counted ‘I-am-going-to-die-of-boredom' as an emergency, then 0 would crank up to about 272. We value our rules.


“Alright, class. As you have heard, we are having a really big test tomorrow that you guys would surely like to pass, am I right?”, she said.

All we managed were subtle nods.

“Sir Isacc Newton’s magnificent law of science: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Would anyone be kind enough to share what this law means?”, She asked and at first, no one put their hand up, and I kinda teased her a bit.

“Yes, Mr. Advik?”, she asked.

“Uh. Sorry Mrs. Moritz. I uh… Was just stretching. Kinda missed my beauty sleep since I stayed up late last night to, You Know, complete my homework.

Everyone started laughing, some at me, some at Mrs. Mortiz, some just laughing because they could.

“You're very funny, Mr. Advik. May I ask…  Why do you happen to have a, I don’t know, F- on your paper?”, she asked me.

I looked down at the ground, embarrassed. I didn’t know if it was possible to be more humiliated, as she actually showed my work to everyone, and at the top of my work where it said ‘Date’, I somehow put, “Yes please!’on it.

Damn you, Harriet!

[Voice on the intercom]

“Would Mrs. Moritz please report to the office, Would Mrs. Moritz please report to the office. Thank you”. [beep beep]

“Oh excuse me, class. Be sensible everyone”, and she left the room.


Our class went berserk, people increasing a whisper to a shout, some of the boys monkeying around, a lot of girls talking about, “Oh my gosh! Julian is just so hot!”, and that, and then comes the question, “Mark. Do you want to play, I Dare You?”.

I say yes and then we play.

He chooses scissors and I pick paper, I lose, and then he dares me to put my head in the small hole in our chairs.

I’m like, “Of course I can do that”, and then I realize once I am in, I can’t get out.

Every head turned, and every eye got glued on me.

Then Tom asks, “How in the world did this guy get in at Branton. LIke, derr. Measurement”.

A Lot of people start sniggering, and a few start laughing out loud!

Even Amelia was covering her mouth.


Mrs. Moritz came back 2 minutes after the laughter and all the sniggering came to an end.

At first, she didn’t notice me. Nor did she notice that every hand was over every mouth, and not one had a pencil in the hands.

“What in God's name happened, Mr. Advik? Someone go get Janitor Allen!”, she cried and then started to mumble.

I started to shake my head side to side in embarrassment, as I soon see Mrs. Moritz is doing the same.

Only who knows whether it was in embarrassment or not.


3 minutes after Mrs. Moritz’s cry, the janitor came in the door, holding a hacksaw.

He started hacking away at the chair glued to my head.

I started to scream, as the dust of the chair sprinkled on my neck, as the hacksaw only made its way closer inch by inch to my neck.

After 5 minutes of this, he finally gave up.

“It’s just… Not possible. At this rate we could be here all year!”, Janitor Allen sighed.

“Which only means, that you’ll be known forever as, The boy who got stuck in a chair, quote-unquote…”.

“It can’t be!”. 

“Nooooooooooooooooooooo!”

Meanwhile, Nathaniel was sleeping...





 



Comments

  1. I enjoyed your story, Irwin. It was carefully planned out, which helped you keep it on track. You made me laugh in places. The dialogue is clever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 word challange (this time actually 100)

Aphorisms- Often a pain to come up with one, but when acomplished, may change somones life...