100 wc

 I was awaiting my watch to hit 12 o’clock, midnight,the end of 2020, and the start of 2021. I had to wait approximately 497 more seconds, so in that time, I went to go look at my calendar to see everything that I have accomplished throughout the whole year. 

 Beep! Beep! Beep!

My white washing machine had finished its load. As i got up, I started to notice that a lot more miniscule things had taken their place along my living room floor. My foot caught something sticky, but I ignored it.


It was the sound of fireworks that made me jump. I couldn’t really blame them, as whoever didn’t know what the occasion was, was noone the wiser. However, all I could hear instead of the kind happy new year greetings, was 'Its the middle of August you Clown!', I could only smile from ear to ear.[


Comments

  1. Congratulations on your response to this week’s challenge Irwin. It’s not easy to write a coherent text using random words. I can see that you generate interesting ideas for writing. The twist was unexpected! I would like to suggest that you try starting your text with a verb eg Awaiting midnight, the end of 2020... It hooks your reader straight away. I think you could tighten your writing by editing out some words that are not necessary eg change ‘went to look’ to ‘looked’, and ‘I started to notice’ to ‘I noticed’. I enjoyed reading your writing this week.🙏😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 word challange (this time actually 100)

Aphorisms- Often a pain to come up with one, but when acomplished, may change somones life...