Based on a recent, true story…


“Hop in the car”, Dad instructed me with his eyes and hands. I breathed a breath of annoyment, and reluctantly went to go get my slides, and hopped in our car. And so our journey began. Our long journey…


To Stonefields? I admit I fell asleep so I didn’t have a clue where we were going in the first place. I didn’t have a mask which I had just realized when he said go wait in the line.

I found a used one in the glovebox, so to avoid getting whosoever germs were in that mask, it had to be worn inside out.


I went and got us a trolley then waited in line.

“Yes, ma'am you may enter alongside you sir and you madam. Yes, you”, the person that was keeping guard on who was entering and exiting said.

“One, two, three, four, five. You 5 people may enter”, he said as we were lucky to be the fifth person. Not that the wait was gonna be much longer if we weren’t.


We went to our left to grab some flowers. It was my aunty’s birthday tomorrow (The day we went was Friday), and I accidentally left our trolley in the rush to get what I was after; Peanut-Butter and Salted Caramel flavoured Peanuts, otherwise known to me as ‘Dunx’, which was the brand of the treat I was after. No luck.


My dad comes back with a box of flowers, and he is ready to put it in the trolley.

“Trolley?”, I ask myself, as I realise that I must have left it where the flowers were. I was so excited about getting my treat that I hadn’t thought about anything else. I bolted back as fast as I could in a walk to where the trolley once was.


I asked the guy from before if I could have another trolley and he gladly gave me one, though I knew he was thinking, Where did this kid’s first trolley go? I had another treat at the back of my mind, so I went to go and get it. I got two of it, and it is by far my favourite drink. The first one was a Paradise Punch flavour, and the second one was a Blue Lemonade flavour, then we made our way to an available counter.


Dad packed the groceries while I was getting a little lecture in my native tongue, about why I should always be responsible for things. 


We both exited, and he told me to wait by the unused restroom where there was a hand sanitizing dispenser. The guy from before asked me if I was alright because it must have looked from his perspective that I was lost. I said I was fine and that I was just waiting for my dad.


He came back from wherever he was going, and then we both set journey for our car. The man stopped us and handed me my favourite Chocolate bar, The new Moro Gold bar. I was so smitten my voice went from downright upset to, ‘Aww Thank you!’ in a matter of seconds, immediately becoming female for a split moment. He smiled as he saw how happy I was, and he wished me a good day. I couldn't get over the fact that he did something small like that, to a complete stranger, so as we drove past him, I couldn’t resist the temptation to wave back and farewell him.


He left me with a big fat smile on my face, and if my dad wasn’t in the car, I would have cried…







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 word challange (this time actually 100)

Aphorisms- Often a pain to come up with one, but when acomplished, may change somones life...